If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Saturday 29 September 2007

Merlin is out too!

Along with the two pony stallions, Merlin my event horse was also released from quarantine this week. It is a huge relief to know that he is now at least able to mooch around a paddock and have some space. I cannot thank Helen Chugg enough or Joan Bell. Joan was fantastic organising a place for him there as being new to Australia I didn't know where to start looking. She has been a great help and support over the last couple of weeks, so a huge thanks to Horse Deals too as without them I would never have spoken to her.

I spoke to Helen and although he looks more like a fat hairy pony than an event horse, he appears none the worse for his ordeal. He has been vaccinated since a foal and so never had any symptoms!! I hope to get up to see him soon though it will be hard to come home without him. Who knows how long it will be before I open the curtains to see him mooching round my fields.

This is a terrible time for the horse world in Australia and I hope that for everyone involved big or small that it can be resolved soon. These viruses be it EF, Foot and Mouth or even the awful Blue Tongue now plaguing the UK, are here to stay and governments and vets need to work together and put effective strategies together to manage them when they occur, as they inevitably will!

Good Luck!

Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home