If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Thursday 13 September 2007

People do not seem to understand

I am having difficulty understanding why so many are in an insane rush to have quarantine lifted!!

Having horses confined for up to 50 days is a small price to pay for the containment of EI. In fact I do not think the quarantine procedures are stringent enough!!! Allowing race meetings for example is not acceptable.
I realise that peoples livelihood is at risk. I am one of those that make a living from the leisure horse industry. I however can see the benefit of making Australia EI free. All the feedback I am getting from vets, DPI etc say that this is still possible.

People need to be patient. The alternative will mean inconvenience for ever, not just 50 days!!!!!!!!

Todd McDonald-Smith
SE Queensland

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home