If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Sunday 14 October 2007

From Tassie again

Hi I placed a blog earlier today about the shut down in Tassie.

If I have caused any one any upset for my opinions please accept my heart felt apologies!

As to Tassie only having been in lock down for two days this is not strictly true, we have been up and down with lock downs since this has all taken place.

As to those poor buggers employed by the DPI in all states I whole heartedly understand that all personal are doing their job to the best of their resources, however I would like to see a national strategy that gives continuity to solving this problem.

I understand that race horses bring larger revenue to our country but as a horse owner and voter I object to this

Hello all,Further test results from mainland labs have all returned negative results.The negative test results, mild symptoms and absence of further cases provide sufficient confidence to lift the standstill order immediately.However, gatherings of 10 horses or more off their own property will continue to be prohibited, apart from racing (subject to strict biosecurity conditions). Horses are still prohibited from entering Tasmania.Investigations of horses showing mild symptoms are continuing and any new horses showing symptoms should be reported to the hotline: 1800 675 888.Fiona De JerseySenior Policy OfficerAnimal Health and WelfareDepartment of Primary Industries and Water13 St Johns AvenueNEWTOWN TASMANIA 7008Phone: (03) 6233 2586Fax: (03) 6278 1875

As I have stated I understand that the race horse industry is and does provide a huge amount of revenue to our economy, but as an individual I feel that I am being discriminated against, even though I too pay my fair share of taxes.

Having said that my local home town thrives on the race horse industry as one of it's main employers and I do not begrudge people their lively hoods.

I would still dearly love for representatives from all states and horse disciplines to unite and develope a national strategy that protect, help and acknowledges

ALL OF US
Rebecca.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home