If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Saturday 6 October 2007

SHE MADE IT

Hi, I am a 12 year old horse lover my life is horses and show jumping.

I just wanted to show you my dearest best friend Misty, she is a 30 year old Palouse pony, now retired, she taught me how to ride and of course fall LOL the best campdrafter & P.C pony.

She is the last of our horses to get the flu. I was dreading her getting it as we were told that she wouldn’t make it, I was so upset and scared I slept days in the stable checking her temp listening to her cough, waking my mum at all hours.

We have learnt a few things along the way. Vicks lightly rubbed up noses sure does help. Cough mixture, or 30mls of glycerine.

Mum doubled the amount of garlic and apple cider vinegar, bathed the snotty noses with warm salty water. Darn fly’s love that snotty nose.

SHE MADE IT THROUGH i am so happy, but I sure do miss riding.

To everyone who has old horses please have faith I think that old horse are tougher then we think.

Cheers,
Melanie

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, that's great. I'm glad your pony is okay!
I work at a riding school, and there are a few older horses, namely, a 30 year old, a couple of 28 year olds, 27 year old, and a 23 year old.
And then alot of teens.
As I'm in the Hunter Valley, they will get it, but I'm confident the majority of the older horses will make it through okay, as they are strong, fit and generally really healthy.
Hopefully that will be enough =]
Cheers,
Alicia.

6 October 2007 at 10:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrific Melanie! Your love, concern and tenancity for Misty helped bring your pony through EI. Good on you! Good Girl!

6 October 2007 at 11:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news .Good old vicks works all the time

7 October 2007 at 8:31 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home