If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Friday 5 October 2007

Vaccine poured on ground in QLD.

This morning I met my horsey neighbour up the main street, (we all liveabout 5 klms from town) quite by accident and he happened to mention thatALL his horses AND ponies got vaccinated recently!

This was of course a big surprise to me as I thought they were only doingracehorses?! But Standardbreds AND his pet ponies ( about 10 of them) and weare NO WHERE near the buffer zone! What!?? How??! Why!!???You will also imagine that I was amazed when he told me that they hadvaccine left over and weren't allowed to take it off the property! Why? Heis obviously clean and un infected or they wouldn't be vaccinating him, sothey poured the vaccine on the ground!!I am also more upset because I have applied for high risk vaccine ( no yes/noreply yet) and if they say no then I will know that my sick horses vaccinewas poured on the ground. My horse has had very bad pneumonia and has severescarring of respiratory tract and lungs and is EXTREMELY high risk.

I live in Woodford surrounded by 2 racehorse properties, (breeeding andracing) and the Standardbred place.

I need to go and have a cuppa and calm down because to say I am nearhysterical is an understatement.!cheersSharon

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

get real vets aren't allowed to simply pour the vaccine on the ground. every vial has to be accounted for .every batch is numbered and every injection is recorded. all horses will eventually be vaccinated. this takes time.

5 October 2007 at 5:50 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home