If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Wednesday 21 November 2007

$3000 for 4 weeks quarantine!

I have moved to victoria from qld about 6 months ago, bringing 2 of my 3 horses with me. my other horse, my daugher's polocrosse pony, was left in qld with her while she finished the year at boarding school. now he his stuck in the far north of the state. vic dpi recently announced plans to bring horses in from qld and nsw via quarantine. with 2 weeks in nsw and 2 weeks in vic. i registered to bring my daughter's horse down through this system. imagine my horror to be told this week i would have to pay $3000 for 4 weeks quarantine! with no guarantee there would be any gov't help to pay for this. i have refused to be held to ransom by the vic gov at this stage, in the hope early next year the ei crisis will be over and normal horse movement will again prevail.
Kerri Hobbs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home