If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Monday 21 January 2008

New comment on Gold star for the DPI

I would add support to David M's positive blog at the very good service coming out of the DPI's in respect of Permits. Now I'm sure there's thousands of stories out there and perhaps not all are as good as this one.

Nonetheless...
I emailed a Multi-Movement Permit Application (as attachment) through to Qld DPI around 8.30am last Tuesday. By 10.30am, I had a call to clarify one of the properties by Lot Number vs address...excellent initiative. By 4.00pm I had another call from a senior assessor just seeking a reassurance from me that the destination properties were same day visits...which of course they were and he was so informed. By 6.00pm ON THE SAME DAY the Permit was emailed back to me as an attachment.
I was absolutely delighted to say the least.

Here's what I learned...Email works. Be correct and accurate, write legibly and provide as much detail as you can. Show some ordinary garden variety common courtesy, and that's what you get back.

GOOD LUCK...

KGR
QLD RED ZONE

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

I agree that things have improved recently with gaining permits in fact I received a 60 day multi destination multi movement permit within 2 hours last week after making my application over the phone to DPI QLD but things weren't always that way. Very early December I applied for a single destination multi movement permit, it took 21 days to approve when the approval arrived it was for a one way permit 900m down the road and I couldn't come home. The application was made over the phone and I was very specific in what I was asking for. My enquiries re the permit that I received, which was of no earthly good to me, left me with the fact that I needed to make an application for each direction on each day that I wanted to travel and that they (the people at the call centre couldn't help me beyond that) well you think that they could have told me that 3 weeks ago so I sat down and filled out 20 applications for permit and faxed them late one Saturday night, and I intended to send another 20 the next day and another 20 the day after that. Funny how Permits found my phone no on the Sunday morning and asked me to stop faxing applications and that they would issue me with a multi movement permit which they did that week. Just would have been nice if they got it right the first time saving me a lot of time and heart ache. Whilst DPI have got things under control now, it hasn't always been that way.

Cheers
Leslee

25 January 2008 at 9:16 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home