If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Monday 4 February 2008

Had to laugh.........

Not meaning to be a knocker of the TB industry but had to laugh when I checked out the Vic DPI website...... our club is looking at running some events in the upcoming months and I nearly choked on my sandwich when I read the following:

Organisers can start planning and holding horse events, because there are encouraging signs that the EI epidemic is close to an end.

But despite the very low risk of EI being detected outside restricted areas, we must remain vigilant.
Organisers should consider developing contingency plans that prepare them for a possible standstill, should one be declared. The risk of a standstill is minimal, but until EI is completely eradicated we shouldn’t become complacent.
Though the extraordinary biosecurity measures in place for the racing industry have been reduced, you should look to the racing industry’s standard procedures as examples of ‘best practice’ measures.


Every race meeting I have attended since the out break of EI, I have been constantly astounded by the seemingly lack of 'extraordinary biosecurity measures in place for the racing industry', I have no doubt that they are ticking all the boxes but appart from abit of fencing life goes on as normal. If our club can use the meeting I've been to as an example this is going to be EASY!!

Sally F.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home