If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Friday 28 September 2007

EI - a positive story

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know of a positive story regarding EI. I know first hand the effects of EI as my horse who is stabled at Centennial Park in Sydney contracted the virus on Sunday 26 August, where is temperature reached 41 degrees. He was sweating, his joins were stiff and sore, he had nasal discharge and a dry rough cough. He was attended to by the vet who gave Bute and antibiotics to reduce his fever and I continued on antibiotics for two weeks to follow. I also contacted my equine herbalist who sent me an EI herbal medication which I administered twice daily to booster his immune system and gave him lots of TLC.

Last Tuesday 18 September, I had my horses vet checked to see how he was recovering from the virus, the vet did a fitness test and checked his heart and lungs to ensure that there was no strain put on them. Following the 15 minute examination, the vet gave him the all clear to commence light work.
I'm now into my second week of light work and my horse is going really well and believe he is fully recovered.

Kind regards
Belinda Lane-Weate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home