If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Thursday 27 September 2007

Equine Influenza

My horses (all 4) have contracted EI.
I was put in an awful position having to decide which ones I could afford to treat.
As it stands it was just under $ 200 to treat one. How can it be my horses lives are worthless then say a racehorse who will be given away or dogged at the the end of the day for less that what it has cost to treat one of my horses?
Just because a horses costs one price does not make it worth it!

As far as getting any reasonable information regarding EI from the DPI it just doesnt happen. They even went to the extent to tell me over the phone that my horses did not have EI as one had only coughed. But by the morning all were sick. I have also been informed by the DPI they will not be coming to my house.

I consider it unfair that I have to be burdened with veterinary bills and been put in a position to choose which of my horses deserves treatment. We all have paid money into the government to keep up safe from things like this, and when something they are employed to stop happens they turn there backs and run. But I guess they can always fall back on the age old excuse "Wasnt me"!

I do believe if my horse gets out on the road and the government/pound catch it, I am liable to pay for its release. Yet they (Government) let a Virus into this country, hundreds catch it, and yet we still have to pay.

Seems real fair.

Regards,
Laura Scott.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home