If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Monday 17 September 2007

Horse Death

I am very upset today as a friend's horse had to be put down over the week end. No, he didn't have EI, but he is victim of this disaster nevertheless. My friend had her 3 year old at a 'breakers' before the standstill. She had been having trouble with the breaker, nothing much had been done, it was, I'll start soon all the time so you can imagine how she was feeling. She was also worried about his condition, although she was told he was being fed and was ok. She managed to see him just after the standstill started and was appalled at his poor condition. So I phoned the DPI to ask if there was anyway we could get an exemption to move him. They referred me to the RSPCA who said they didn't have a branch where we live and my friend could put in a formal report, but still not move the horse.

She bought feed for him but it was too late and he was put down. I found that even though we are no were near an infected zone and the horse was going to a place with no other horses around, NO ONE wanted to help her and now her horse is DEAD.

Wake up DPI, people are hurting in many ways and need help. People with only one or so horses are paralysed as well as people who have competition horses. We also cannot get farriers or get our feed delivered. My heart is in my mouth every time I collect feed wondering who else has driven their car there or not changed their clothes before leaving their horse. We need information daily; please don't forget the ordinary horse owners caught up in this crisis.

Penelope Ann Lane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home