If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Tuesday 11 September 2007

Jessie Cearns at Morgan Park

Today we caught up Jessie Cearns who is attending the Morgan Park school at Warwick.

How old are you?

Well I was locked up on my birthday. I turned fifteen on the 26th of August, lock up day.

What is it like going to school at Morgan Park?

It’s pretty good really! We go for three hours from 10am to 1pm. There are two rooms, one room has two computers and the other room has lots of internet cables so we can plug in our laptops. I am in year 10 at A.B. Patterson College on the Gold Coast and my teachers have sent up projects for me to work on.

What do you do before school?

I get up at 6.25 am, as I am looking after Sonja Jackson’s horse, Kings Gold, and he is first on the vets round. Then I have a shower and have breakfast, and it is time for the vets to check my horse, Rock N Roll Jazz. Before the vets arrive we need to have written down if they have had any discharge from the nose, if they have been coughing and we have to take and record their temperatures. After the vets have seen the horses they go out into the day yards.

Is your horse well now?

Basically he is over it but he still has a cough. The vets say this may last weeks or months. We can start riding them after they have had a week off for every day they have been sick.

Does just the cough count as being sick?

I do not think so but the vets have said that scarring on the lungs may be a problem further down the track.

What have you been eating?

We have just got new caterers who have set up a kitchen at the showgrounds and bring the food over. Now for breakfast we are getting bacon, sausages and eggs where we were getting cereal. Today for lunch we got pork chops and salad but some days we get sandwiches. Then it is a roast for dinner, last night it was chicken with vegetables and gravy and the night before beef. We have to supply our own desert if we want it.

Have you been doing any of the sporting activities?

I have been doing the aerobic classes with Melissa and they are really good, but people are starting to get sore and there are now not so many in the class. Some people choose to go for a run. We take our horses for a walk in the afternoon on the way back to the night stalls.

What do you do at night?

We have a television/DVD player in the truck and a Play Station, so we either watch a movie or play on the Play Station.

Do you sleep in the truck?

Mum and my brother are in the truck and I sleep in the annex in my swag. When it was raining I had to move in.

We will catch up with Jessie in a week to see how they are getting on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home