If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Wednesday 24 October 2007

Boycott the big race

The more this crisis goes on the more depressed I'm getting. I have emailed every pollie I can think of, I have made numerous phone calls to the media and TV stations and have emailed the Horse Council. I am exausted. I'm just too old for this.

But today actually recieved a reply from the Horse Councli telling me that the Fed and State Govts didn't even know the pleasure horse industry existed despite the Horse Council lobbying on 'our' behalf in the past.
They tell me that all newly registered horses will be taxed an extra $10 at 'some time in the future' and that we should thank our lucky stars that we even got vaccinations for the buffer zones as the racing industry had lobbied long and hard for vaccs to go to racing horses FIRST. The racing Industry tried to get an exclusive aggreement that left every one else out but the HC managed to get us included (AustVetPlan).

Contact your local federal candidate and lets make this an election issue, If we all speak up loudly then we may get heard.
Yours in total exaustion and frustration, Penny.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have Penny, I'm hearin' ya.

I myself have little to lose, I only have kids ponies and a couple of yet to be started youngsters - not registered yet. I don't rely on horses for a living, but am struggling to be able to afford them.

Even though I live in Southern NSW, I understand totally what others are going through and feel for them. Therefore I am doing my bit to support you all, and have emailed Susan Ley asking why is this not an election issue.

24 October 2007 at 10:05 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home