If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Wednesday 3 October 2007

EI

I would like to know why we are not told when EI is in our area. When it hit Brookfield there was a massive door knock, police presence etc etc. I have an infected property 500m from me. We were not given the notice of this. We think we are in an area where there is still no trace, and then I get a text saying someone was told it was down the road from me. The infected property had the decency to email people and tell us, as the DPI would not confirm anything to me after 3 phone calls. Our local vet did not even know. They hadn’t even notified him.

My horses are still healthy at this stage because I have put them at the back of our acreage. I have told all the other horse owners in our street, as they had no idea either. Finally a local paper had it on the front page saying our suburb NARANGBA. I get a phone call from DPI 4 days after these horses have tested positive to see if mine are healthy. The DPI only had my details because I was contacting them! It is now on the DPI site.
WHY CANT WE GET NOTIFIED IF IT IS IN OUR AREA SO WE CAN WATCH OUR HORSES MORE CLOSELY. EVEN A LETTER BOX DROP OR SOMETHING! IF YOUR IN NARANGBA , CABOOLTURE SHIRE BORDERING ON PINE SHIRE WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks Karla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home