If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Tuesday 9 October 2007

It's a Political Debacle !

In response to the posting of "Can you believe it" - I don't think any of us can understand the ridiculous nature of the DPI and the powers that be.

The non-racehorse industry, of which many of us belong to, are finding more comfort, and recieving more information from the "Bush Telegraph" grape vine, thanks to friends in different areas. Each time you ring the DPI, you end up with yet another complete idiot, who has no idea of what you are talking about - they read you the riot act out of their tiny little hand book, that seems to have been put together by yet another bungling bureaucrat - when you get technical with them, and point out the seemingly obvious, it's like a PC with lack of memory, as that person goes into sudden meltdown, realising that they don't have the brain capacity to handle your question, because YOU know more about the damn situation than they do - boy oh boy haven't I had some fun!

I am located close to the fringe of Sydney City - and have my horses with me. However, like all of us, I cannot go out my front gate. I am located 12 kms from Bankstown trotting track, 14km's from Rosehill Racecourse, and 15kms from Centennial Park and Randwick Racecourse. Just on 4 weeks ago when the EI started, I rang all 3 racecourses, and inquired about their submission of a "risk assesment", together with asking if each and every horse had a veterinary certificate? the answer - NO! When I queried as to why the DPI was allowing them to cross a main thoroughfare, and move their horses more than 500metres from their residences, to get them worked the answer was that they are registered racehorses, and handled by registered trainers!

I stated the obvious to the DPI and these people at the time of the telephone call, that they too would contract the virus, through sheer negligence. I have sat back and watched and listened, as one by one Randwick went first, (with Centennial Park), then Warwick Farm. then Bankstown Trotters, then Rosehill. Well, well, well ? funny that. YET - I'm sitting bang smack in the middle of them all, with two big thoroughbred hacks, that are STILL totally virus free - that are not eligible for the vaccine, who are going completely mental, because the DPI will not allow me to go 10 metres from my back gate to my arena ! I have a farrier who comes from Windsor and sterilises himself, her track and his gear, and I also have a snotty nosed police woman, who has made it her business to be at my gate every other day double checking that I haven't left the property - talk about harrassment!

When you hear that Centennial Park Horses are allowed to move out of the stables, their answer is "because Centennial Parklands is still part of the property of the trust" - you have to ask yourself - "who the hell is running this show?" - Randwick gallopers are going out to spelling paddocks - where? - through the green and amber zones, and past my place !

How about the friends that are still locked down at Parkes ? The load of horses that caused all the problems out there was allowed to leave and go back home to Centennial Park ! - from red to red zone they reckon - but what about all the area's in between? Hello??? And what of the one's out there, who watched that truck pull out, and leave them all behind? - it was a day of depression, and only that they are a strong bunch, did they get through that day !

Where is the justice, and what the hell is going to be done about this mess !

Julie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home