If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Thursday 18 October 2007

Out of state with EI

Hello
I am wondering if anyone else is in my situation I am stuck outside QLD in Tasmania with 9 ponies I was returning home to Qld at the end of August (was here for 6-9 months turned out 9 now) but the standstill was put in place. I have to leave the property I am on because the owners are returning on the 30 October 18, 2007 and now have to find agistments for 5 stallions and 4 mares. I have put in a claim for business assistance but the business was set up for this financial year, so its is still being processed I am not holding my breath. I am not entitled to any other financial assistance because my horses are not in Qld or NSW. Now my children are going home to QLD this week and I have yet to find some where to live as DPI says I they may open the QL D border anytime so if I get a 6 months lease I would have to try and break it at some stage and that may go on my credit rating also on the rental list. On top of housing I have to pay for agistments and feed for the horses if I can get them all on agistments as I have been looking since the shut down has occurred and have only this week had people offer agistments and I am looking at some places today and tomorrow so fingers crossed. I have called the RSPCA Tasmania and Victoria and they are unable to help.

So where does that leave me on the 30 October.

Is there any one else in the same situation that is finding assistance nearly impossible?

Out of state and running out of time?

Jacque Kennedy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home