If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Wednesday 3 October 2007

Response to EFA National HD Newsletter

Well thank you Mr Geoff Sinclair President of the EFA National. The body that I have been a member for over 25 years.

One thing I would like to say from your very moving letter to me and the rest of the EFA members is thank you for reminding us of how we are saving money by not competing or paying coaches and Trainers to upgrade our horses. Yes the beautiful spring weather is UPON us and we can all enjoy the butterflies and birds flying around us as we enjoy the endless hours of riding our beautiful horses through the evergreen fields. Oooooh!

But lets look at reality Geoff! I for one am one of those trainers and coaches that are caught on the EI tsunami. No I don't have any money coming in to save. No I don't know how I am going to afford to feed myself or my horses! Oh and riding my horses! Sorry finding it a little hard to do that considering I won't allow a farrier onto my property to shoe my horses and I am now the makeshift farrier. My horses are 17.2hh and do not handle well without shoes. Yes my decision as it has been human error spreading it.

I notice as well that your department had a 'Sling' at us coaches and clubs who are saying we won't be able to pay our registrations and insurances. Well you see I for one am not going to try to pay for an item that will be of NO USE to me over the next 6 months and I have to now start making some decisions so that I stay afloat! Its NOT that we need more time to gain points to stay a coach its just that we have NO MONEY TO PAY!!! Or then again I do see your point....Us coaches and clubs, who don't have a dollar coin to our name, should in fact somehow find the funds to help the EFA pay for their out goings!

This may sound harsh Geoff but you collect a wage at the end of every week. You are not concerned about struggling to just live like we are at the moment. Us horse businesses have always looked after our selves and associations like the EFA. Please don't try and glorify a situation that may see the end to a lot of peoples livelihoods.

Yes Geoff THE END!.

Horse trainers, coaches and businesses are going to start falling apart. Don't even be surprised if stud owners or businesses don't start a 'Culling' method to lesson the financial burden. And I mean the bullet kind. They can't afford to feed their horses as CHAPS won't pay for anything that isn't registered with the EFA as a competition horses and tough luck that all the horses an equine business owns and is part of their income and part of their tax and they can't be claimed on the CHAPS scheme. Although I noticed that you wrote the CHAPS scheme covered professionally trained horses but you won't allow two of my horses that are professionally trained by me! And what about the Broodmares owned by breeders. These 'business owners' can't claim for these horses, so they can no longer afford to feed them. So they will 'cull' them just like they do in severe droughts. Well you can't 'dog' them and you can't give them away. Isn't the EFA in charge of the equestrian CHAPS scheme and who gets what?

So WHY OH WHY does not the EFA recognise all our horses that are INCOME PRODUCING. ALL!!!!

Oh and on top of this today I was reminded about my Coaches Registration payment due, when are you going to get it in your heads Geoff and the rest of the EFA committee, we have NO money to pay you.. No money! And why has the racing industry today the 2nd October received more money grants. "You need to jump up and down" just as the racing industry said today on the radio and they say that its the only way to get what you need, so start jumping up and down.

And did you, our EFA representatives, ask all EFA members on whether or not we want the vaccination or not OR did you just make a decision on behalf of yourselves, as I wasn't asked. You work for the EFA as a whole so ask the whole EFA members what they want with their horses and livelihood. We have a right to decide. They are our horses.

What are you going to do to help us. Its bad enough that the DPI is treating us like mushrooms, don't let the committee representatives of the EFA start treating us the same, there are too many of us.

If the EFA needs help from us tell us what you are organising. You represent us all. ALL MEMBERS.

STAND UP FOR US.Tracy Stead Equestrian Service

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Where do the EFA branches get most of there money for there day to day operations from, mostly from government grants and assistance packages so why would any EFA branch say anything against the Government (read horse racing) line Then again it might be my pesamistic nature coming thru

Phil

3 October 2007 at 10:33 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home