If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Friday 12 October 2007

Who are we kidding?

Without exception the management of this E.I. outbreak is and has been a shambles from the start.

The Thoroughbred lobby has had much to much imput into the procedure of containment of this virus to the determent of every horse owner in NSW.

Instead of managing a sensible buffer zone with vaccinations from the onset,(please don't insult our intelligence by saying these weren't available) the NSW dpi preferred a CONTAINMENT procedure, now a total failure with horses and people suffering.

As of today, I am into my ninth day suffering the serious effects of E.I. I have sadly lost the life of one of my new born foals, another very ill.

For what? Just so the precious "CUP" can be run!!!!

My horses could have been protected with vaccinations.

Meanwhile E.I. marches on.

John Howard, Morris Iemma my memory is very long, I won't forget your total incompetence to the non-Thoroughbred owners.

- Carmen Bajpe

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well said, this government is useless.
we are very sad to hear of your loss, we too have 2 foals & are worried if / when the virus hits us here in victoria, which I'm sure it will soon.
hope things brighten up for you soon.

12 October 2007 at 3:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is DON`T HAVE A BET AT ANY RACES DURING THE SPRING CARNIVAL, LETS SEE THE DENT IN THE GOVERMENTS BANK BALANCE....

13 October 2007 at 11:46 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home