If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Tuesday 2 October 2007

A young girl's plea to save Freddy

Just one example of the impact that EI is having on everyone, we have reprinted below (with permission) one young lady's plea to the Minister to help protect beloved Freddy.

"Dear Sir,
I am 14 years old. The reason that I am writing to you is because I hear you are under a lot of pressure from the thoroughbred racehorse industry to stop the containment and control of The Equine Influenza so that this industry can resume as quickly as possible. Please don't allow this to happen. I am the proud owner of a 27 year old (He will be 28 next month in October!) little welsh mountain pony. when I was eight I rescued him and saved him . I got treatment for his eyes and saved his sight. He also had foundered very badly but with careful attention we got that right too !
Freddy, taught me to ride and I found out he had taught many other people in the small town in which I live, to ride too. When I got bullied at school, it was Freddy who would listen to me and tell me everything would be alright. Freddy is my best Friend. He is too small for me to ride now and has been for quite a few years ! but I still love him and he loves me. sometimes he can be very naughty and grumpy too. Every Christmas we wash him and put tinsel in his mane and tail and plait him up. He wears a star on his forelock and he looks so beautiful. He goes down the main street in the Christmas pageant.
Because he is old, I don't know if he could survive Equine Influenza. He has had his share of problems. I don't want him to have to go through that and i don't want him to die. I understand the racehorse people want their money. but you know what ? No amount of money in the world is worth risking my Freddy for. and no amount of money would bring him back. Please safeguard all the old horses and all the young foals too. It is not worth the risk. sometimes people just have to be patient and stop being greedy. if we all sit tight for awhile it will be all over and it will be worth waiting for. I know Freddy is worth it.
Thank you for reading this and Freddy thanks you too.
>From Kiya and Freddy"

Supplied by EI Horse Council Industry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home