If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Monday 1 October 2007

Does Cairns Have EI?

Hi

I saw something strange this morning. I was trolling through all the regular websites looking for new information about EI this morning and I came across a table on the National Pests and Diseases Web site that set out the shires that have confirmed EI and how many properties in each shire are affected. We in the Esk shire had 99 while Ipswich City had 112 and then I saw Cairns City listed with 1 infected property. I was gob smacked. When I returned to the DPI website they calmly informed me that QLD has 601 infected properties all of which remain in the red zone. Last time I looked Cairns City was not in the red zone. I contacted DPI about this and since have not been able to access that table on the National Pests & Diseases website.
I was just wondering if anybody reading this is in Cairns and if you have it.
If EI has made it to Cairns, there is no buffer zone that can save us (QLD) now. And it won’t be long before it gets to Victoria if it is in fact in Cairns.

After the meeting at Marburg on Thursday night courtesy of the Tofts (thanks Peter and Penny) I was left with no doubt that after the vaccinations have been put in place that the movement restrictions will be relaxed just enough for those of you who don’t have it to move around and contract it. That the only way this bush fire is going to burn itself out is to infect every unvaccinated horse in the South East Corner so don’t be so hard on the man who infected his horses on purpose, he is just trying to get over the inevitable as quickly as possible and as for him going off to New Zealand and leaving his grooms to care for the sick horses, he probably would have gone to NZ just the same if his horses had contracted the virus naturally. I am sure his grooms are very capable at looking after his horses as that is what they do and being left to look after sick horses might be just a little better than being laid off, at least they still have jobs.

Leslee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home