If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Monday 5 November 2007

HELP NEEDED TO FIND SURROGATE MARE FOR ORPHAN FOAL

I am trying to find a surrogate mother for my two day old Clydesdale TB X filly foal. Her mother has to be put down during the night due to a prolapsed uterus and I am desperate to find a mare who may have lost a foal in the last week to mother it. Travel around Victoria would not be a concern. Or, alternatively I could host the mare at my property if appropriate. The foal has been fortunate enough to have spent the first 36 hours of her life drinking well from the mare prior to her death, so I feel she has received a good supply of colostrum. I live in south Western Victoria, Woolsthorpe near WARRNAMBOOL.

If there is someone who can help, contact me by phone on (03) 55692038 or 0428692039 any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Rebecca Hay rebecca.hay.2@bigpond.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home