If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Monday 3 December 2007

Sick sick pony

I was wondering if anybody could help me. I have an 8-year-old miniature horse with a pre-existing respiratory condition who is suffering tremendously from the flu. It is breaking my heart to hear him cough continuously day and night. He is currently on steroids for his respiratory problems, as well as bute and antibiotics for the flu. I even have some store bought cough mixture for him, but it doesn’t seem to be making any effect on the voracity of his cough. If you have any ideas, I’d love to know.

1 Comments:

Blogger JK said...

I have my horses on proform to boost their immune system & it has had some success with some very sick horses including Denise Rogan's dressage horse which had been on 3 rounds of antibiotics. Someone also suggested vicks around the nostrils to help clear the airways. If you are interested in proform email - equitecproducts@optusnet.com.au
Hope this helps & your pony gets better.

3 December 2007 at 10:59 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home