If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Wednesday 19 December 2007

Wots the deal now?

So, now it appears that the horses that have had EI and gotten over it are being given preference to travel and spend less time in quarantine than the ones that have stayed totally clear of it. I'm confused again. It is so unfair! We have done the right thing -locked down, banned visitors, stopped visiting others, stopped training our horses outside our property (needed for Endurance training) etc. virtually come to a grinding halt, to find that we are still higher risk than others. We have been classified as Amber and now Green but we are still grounded. We can ride out of the property now, yay, but have to report like children to the DPI to let them know where we are riding to. Stuff that!
Now I read, oh yeah, you CAN get a permit to move your "sold horses" to another state but adhere to the protocols advised -micro chipping , testing, vaccinations, quarantine here and there, re- testing etc.etc. BUT AT THE NEW OWNERS EXPENSE!!!. We never asked for EI and we never brought it here in the first place.
Oh and one of our horses has to go to Tasmania but they still ban horses that originate from NSW and QLD. Seems like the right foot doesn't know what the left one is up to.
Maybe, I just should have deliberately given my horses all EI long ago and we would be in front of the queue not in the far recesses of never never land!!
To top off the anger and frustration, I read this from a news report "He said other thoroughbreds would come into Victoria through January and early February." I think I might have to change my breed to thoroughbreds.!! Well they ARE bred thoroughly!! Does that count???
'What about me...............it isn't fair.............. I've had enough now I want my share.................Can't you see I want to live.... but you just take more than you give... What about me??????????.......................
PS My heartfelt sympathy goes out to all those who have lost horses, had business losses and incurred extra expenses (such as vet bills from sick animals) incurred from this whole EI debacle.It is all so wrong. I hope you are still able to enjoy your Christmas with your families and may the New Year be brighter for all.
Cheers

Lesley Inkson -Inspiration Farm American Saddlebreds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home