If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Sunday 6 January 2008

Equine Influenza!

I am fascinated to see so many varied views with the EI. EVERY horse person has their own personal story to tell. Some loss of horses, some loss of income, some loss of mind! Yet, the big picture has always centred around the Racing Industry and the likes!

So, why has all the MEDIA been totally made ‘hush-up’? What under-handed trash are we being fed!

Sure, DPI/government are doing what they think is best. But, it is truly the blind leading the blind!

We, the mere-little pleasure, hobby, trainers, performance, stock-workers, trail riders, horse lovers, etc, etc, have been totally kept silent and in the dark with all the so called ‘eradication’ programme that the DPI, and parties there-in.

Sure the changing of zones in some areas, have given little peace of mind to only a handful of Equine persons.

Personally, I am with the unlucky areas of RED zone...nothing happening here! Nothing told to us! We cannot even go outside the front gate with a horse/pony to let them graze on the grassed footpaths!

Trying to train Endurance Horses in this handed down protocol, is almost impossible. The horses are sour or bored (both), the owners and trainers are frustrated and anxious....but to the DPI, doesn’t matter!

Due to the fact that my animals had EI (early Oct 07), I ran the forms off the DPI website to get my horses vaccinated n micro-chipped, before the onslaught, (that will be on after the EI has been deleted!) It doesn’t tell you that animals that had EI won’t be vaccinated. So, my Vet is now coming out to take blood tests, micro-chip any horses likely to be leaving my property...ever...as the only thing they could suggest was get in now!

By the way, all costs are on my shoulders! As if it wasn’t enough that I have loss of income, loss of horse sales, loss of mind and Hair.....I swear, I will not let EI beat me up completely!

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!

JH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home