If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Monday 17 September 2007

Is the Government going to compensate us?

At the beginning I was being sent updates every day, even over the weekends. I think we are all being left in the dark now. Even the Qld DPI website hasn't been updated since the middle of last week.

I have 2 horses but it affected me the first day it was put in place because that day I was supposed to take the mare to another stud to be served.

Little people like us won't be compensated because we don't make money from our horses.

My situation is that I need to get my mare in foal this year because we missed getting in foal last year for other reasons and therefore my breeding program is already 12 months behind. The other problem is I need to get the mare in foal pretty soon because Clydesdale foals are very prone to heat stroke so I can't have a late foal, esp. in CQ.

I can't afford to have an empty mare for another 12 months, not just monetary reasons but also the mare is getting older and I have missed out on 2 foals by other unfortunate reasons.

So if the standstill is still in place and we all miss out on breeding our horses, are the government going to compensate us for that??

The other thing is that if my horse either came down seriously ill or had a serious injury that needed immediate vet attention the last thing I’d be doing is getting on the phone or the computer to apply for a permit to move the horse. I'd be seeking vet attention firstly.

Jane

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

calm down.thank your lucky stars that your horse numbers will not be increasing soon.with factors like the continuing dry in most feed growing districts, there are going to be continued shortages of grain and roughage ie hay / chaff.this ei thing may be doing you a favour.keep your socks on

17 September 2007 at 10:17 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home