If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Thursday 27 September 2007

Phantom Equine Professionals and CHAPS

Let me introduce myself. My name is Tracy Stead and I am a full time professional EFA NCAS Accredited coach and Equine Trainer. I am a registered as a business and up to the 25th August I HAD a very successful business, minding my own business and striving always for the equestrian athlete. I was very priviledged to be working with fantastic clients that appreciated my wealth of knowledge that I loved sharing.
I have spent almost 25 years building my business which is also my passion.

On the 25th August I was ordered to stop my business by no fault of mine. For almost 5 weeks now I have had NO income but my four beautiful horses must still be fed and cared for to keep them in readiness for when we re-commence our careers. Ummmm when????

Oh did I mention I cant have a farrier on the place so I am the farrier. Oh and I am not sure how I am going to continue keeping my horses in the near future.I have NO MONEY left.

Yes I applied for the hardship fund. Yes I have applied for the business grant. Yes I have spent endless hours filling in, faxing, posting and driving my paperwork to institutions only to be told it may not be untill the second week of October that I should see some helpand if I get desperate go and see the Smith Family or Savation Army for handouts! I have never asked for financial help!

AND today 26th Sept I applied for the Commercial Horse Assistant Payment.

Well I have four horses, two registered with the EFA , one which is an upcoming horse being trained in the art of dressage competing HC so not yet registered EFA and my newest aquisition was bought to train on and sell on. Yes all pert of my business and my income.
But I can only claim my two registered horses as they are the only ones deemed to generate income for the Owner!!!

What about my horse in training which will become my next competition horse? What about my horse which was solely purchased for the purpose of reselling for increased income! ALL these horses are the make-up of my business contributing to my income.Don't forget I am only eligible for $20 per day not $60 per day like racehorses. And most racehorses have owners or syndicates paying for them to stay in trainers stables! This means my two competition horses will suffer as their CHAPs money will have to be shared with the other two.Did you know that one fellow professionals?
And by the way how come ALL racehorses (TB and Trotters) are being vaccinated in the Illawarra for free and no Olympic discipline, equestrian, western, polocrosse, ect and pleasure horses are being offered to be vaccinated.

What are we peoples..........Phantoms????? This is ludicrous! I have no business, no income and I'm NOT the only Equine Professional out there with the carpet pulled from under them. Government, EFA please help us!!!!

Tracy Stead Equestrian Services

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home