If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Monday 15 October 2007

DPI - PERMIT APPLICATIONS

I have had my application to move my horse 2.5 km within a highly infected red zone denied. My horse was infected with EI. I asked me application be for travel on the 2 November 39 days after the last sign of infection.

Being that the DPI denied my application on the basis that;
1. no horses that have been infected will be permitted to travel.
2. told by the very same people that you are not classed as infected until you have been tested
3. that the same people left a message saying you will not be testing my horses or any in my area.

I dont see how they were infected if the DPI do not recognise untested horses as having contracted EI.Secondly Morgan Park horses left and they were all infected!

My horse was to be leased for 18 months for breeding purposes by a long time breeder and judge of our breed. We only need to move 2.5 km within our highly infected zone.

The DPI have since relooked at my application and have agreed in there eyes she was not infected. But will not permit travel now on the basis she may be in the incubation stage of EI on the day of travel and may infect horses in the are she is moving too. HUH?
2.5 km = in my area = in the new area.

They are very same people who claim it can travel by air for many Kms.

I know the DPI seem stupid but not to be able to read there own literature is comicale to say the least. In my opinion the public knows more about EI then the very people trying to control it.

Regards,
Laura Scott.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home