If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Wednesday 3 October 2007

EFA membership???

I am a bit gob smacked! I didn't realise that the only horses considered elite enough to receive funding from the fed or state govts were those registered with the EFA. ( Apart from the already wealthy racing industry, and why the greyhounds need funding I don't know)

Pardon my ignorance but what about all the other competitions that go on all around the country that are not EFA events, such as campdrafts, cutting, polo, pony clubs, hack shows etc etc??? Are all these horses worthless? I don't think so. Come on EFA don't be so elitist yourselves and kindly recognise the existence of other disciplines that are professional and have valuable and sometimes extraordinary horses involved. I for one would like to see bodies like the EFA and the horse council of Australia get behind EVERY horse owner in the land and lobby the govts for FAIR compensation. I am praying that we don't get infected in our area ( Amber) as I am a pensioner and already have a very sick horse I am struggling to keep alive and pay the vet, without the fear of getting EI with all that extra expense involved let alone the risk to my sick horse. EFA give the trainers a break and get your heads out of the sand.

Thanks to Horse Deals for a fantastic job of keeping us all informed.
Penny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home