If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Saturday 6 October 2007

EI Story

Another EI heartache !I am just another horse owner who has been affected by this EI outbreak. I own a Australian Stock Horse mare, who is an absolute sweety ! I was at a friends riding on the day the EI outbreak occurred. My horse has been stuck there since this first happened, so around a month or so. We have been in contact with the DPI office for weeks now and nothing has happened. We have been doing the right thing going through all the correct procedures applying for a permit .

For two weeks we have been in contact with the DPI and today we got a call saying they have lost our file and we will have to go through the whole process again. We are stressed out and very upset and concerned for our horse and all we want is to take her home. The place she is at the moment is about 20kms from a small group of infected properties and then that is it for the town and surrounding areas. One of the drinking outlets for my horse at this place is washing machine water, she is sharing a paddock with 2 other large horses and there is no grass, it is practically dirt.

We have been supplying all the food for her and who knows if my horse is actually receiving it ? And paying agistment weekly. We live around 1 hour away from this property and having a full time job 7 days a week makes it extremely difficult to get food over to her and visit her and on top of that ride her. I have spent many nights crying and stressing over this situation I know there are a lot more people with far worse situations, I just hope that they can control this situation. I would also like to thank everyone that is working round the clock in the DPI offices and all other organizations that are really trying to help.

Breanna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home