If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Monday 8 October 2007

From the Armidale red zone

I am 15 yrs of age and live via armidale.
My families property is located about 12 klm west of the city and we have been caught in caught
in the midst of the EI chaos.
we have been thrown into the red zone, as have half of my friends.
our horses have not yet contracted the virus but it is surely only a matter of time as last week disaster striked.
last saturday two properties, barely 3 klm away from us were placed under quarentine.
Armidale and surrounding residents were outraged and frightened.
Horses are being swept away from boundary fences and brought into stables or protected paddocks.
People are terrified for their horses.
I was distraught upon the quarentine placings as my gelding is 23 yrs old.
let it be known that our old ponies, stockhorses and friends mean more to us than 8 $3 million
thoroughbreds put together, if not to the economy, then to the children like me who learnt to ride on kind old reward diserving stockhorses and ponies.
it is not time to sit at home and whisper in fear but to stand up and roar.

reguards,

Henry

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry EI has reached Armidale - but hopefully if you it reaches your property your 23 year old will be fine - my 4 horses contracted the virus 2 weeks ago and like you I was really concerned for my oldies - 26, 22 and 19 but they have come through really well and provided they are in good condition and you keep in touch with your vet I am sure all will be fine. Best of luck. Jill

8 October 2007 at 8:28 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home