If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Wednesday 31 October 2007

Melbourne Cup

A RECORD $20.4 million was distributed to the Tasmanian Racing Industry from the activities of TOTE Tasmania last financial year.

Well I guess they won't need my bet on the Melbourne Cup this year. I have decided to stage my own protest, my one and only bet of the year was the Melbourne Cup. This year in light of the lop sided way the Government, who derives a huge kick back from racing through betting, has treated us non-racing equine owners I am not going to put one red cent on any horse. My mother has decided she just isn't going to bet on any overseas ones as they bought EI here.

Melinda Roberts - Tas

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HERE HERE, I have been a vigilant melbourne cup day celebrater for years, this is the first year that I say they can all go to hell. I will not succumb to lining the pockets of the racing industry or the government if I don`t have to.
They never once gave us the support during this difficult time.
GET STUFFED I SAY!!!!!!!

31 October 2007 at 1:09 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home