If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Wednesday 24 October 2007

Some Politicians are listening AND acting

Hi,

I have sent letters to numerous politicians over the past week, letters that do not attack anyone but simply state my view of the issues and the impact EI has had on my partner (Master Farrier & Horse Trainer) and I (Equine Massage, Horse Trainer & Instructor) personally. I have to say I am very surprised and happy with the responses to that letter so far.

I sent the letter via email to Wayne Wendt, QLD State Member for Ipswich-West, and his response showed he had both read my letter and intended to follow it up in his meetings with QLD State government Ministers – he’s doing what he can.

I sent a letter in the post to Mike Horan, QLD State Member for Toowoomba and the QLD Shadow Minister for both the Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries, and Racing. Mike called me and spoke to me about the issues and personal experiences I wrote in my letter and he followed them up for me. One of his staff rang me back again with more information and assistance, and Mike organised for the DPI to give me a call to discuss some of the issues as well. I am more than happy with the support and representation Mike Horan is giving us in the Pleasure and Performance industry.

I have also had acknowledgements from Senator Russell Trood’s office and an email of support from the Federal Greens Candidate for Ryan (Evan Jones).

I am sure I will receive at minimum acknowledgements from others I have sent letters to and hopefully more letters indicating they are supporting us.

My point is, there are some politicians who are trying to give us support, and perhaps there will be more if we lobby rather than attack.
Kathryn Priol

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said!

24 October 2007 at 9:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have also been in contact with Mike Horan and have been really impressed with his concern and interest. He breeds ASHs himself.
The sad thing is the people in charge don't agree with his views!

24 October 2007 at 12:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only agree re Mike Horan and his helpfullness to those who call.At least this politician knows which end of the horse the tempreture is taken from Thanks for your help Mike wish there where more who understood what we are going thru

25 October 2007 at 7:32 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home