If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Tuesday 16 October 2007

Well Said Desarae

I am one of those "paddock bashers" who competes regularly in dressage. I have not seen my beloved mare for "6 weeks" As my agistment centre decided to lockdown a couple of days after Morgan Park did. We (the owners) agreed on this as we know it was (and still is) the best way to try and protect not only the agister's horse's (some highly competitive, some belonging to children for trial rides) but those of the Agistment centre's - which is a Stud. With mares starting to foal and others coming into season, we feel for the owner and the situation they are in.

I for one keep in contact with my farrier as he is worth his weight in GOLD!!!! Having a young family and his skills being the only income my heart goes out to him and his family.
I'm always dropping into the produce store I use to use, reminding them that they are not forgotten - (cos of the lockdown my mare is on full board with feed supplied by only one store)

The agistment centre has also had to lay off one of its staff - But NOT BEFORE finding them a Temp job so that when this is all over the staff member can come back to work with our horses (How many of those racing trainer's have done that for the stable hands they sacked?????????)

After reading your blogg Desarae I felt that I should write and let you know that I for one am deeply concerned for the farriers, chiro's, dentist's and the many other's that are facing a hell of a road to recovery - Like I said before, my farrier is worth his weight in GOLD and so is my mare's vet, dentist and riding instructor and of course her agistment home.

Without them I would have surely destroyed my mare's hooves, starved her, torn her mouth with sharp teeth, ridden her like a bull through a china shop, killed her with tetanus/strangles and left her tied up on the roadside.

Keep your chin up we are out there - and we do give a damn about you - ignore those that only give a damn about how much money they wont be getting because some gambler wont be able to place a bet.

Kel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home