If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Tuesday 2 October 2007

What about Us

Hi guys

I am 16 yrs old and I am a member of Oxenford Pony Club on the Gold Coast. I just wanted to say that what the hell is wrong with the government, Do only the racehorses get vaccinated because they contribute to the amount money the government gets.

What about the thousands of people and their children who just compete for FUN! I havn't ridden my horse for 5 weeks now because I only agist at a small paddock in Oxenford which is not big enough to properly ride in. If this equine influenza outbreak drags on well into next year then where does that leave us? Competing our horses isn't just a hobbie, It's what we do for a life.

And will pony clubs and the competitions even run next year? Because the way I see it if the bloody government pulled their finger out in the first place none of this would have even happened, Australia USED to be known for our excellent quarantine standards but not any more and we can all blame HOWARD for that one. If it wasn't for him we would all be out competing and having fun with our best mates (our horses).

Why shouldn't we be entitled to the vaccines, what just because our horses aren’t important to the government, Why does that matter they're IMPORTANT TO US!!!. My horse is my best mate and I sure as hell don't want to have to see her suffer because of something that’s beyond my control.

Anyway put it this way half the people who own race horses couldn't give a stuff about them as long as they continue to earn money. They don't care about their horses well being, But we do!

So that’s all I’m going to say, but for all us apparently "UNIMPORTANT" people out there I say we should all get together and help put a stop to this cruelty. If the DPI won’t get off their buts and do something about we should, before more of our equine buddies have suffer from someone else’s mistakes. I know we can't physically stop the spread of this disease, but we can help inform "non horsie" people of how this disease really affects us, it's not just a little cold the horse quickly get over, it's a potentially dangerous disease that can put a horse out of work for a long time and in severe cases it can prove fatal to our faithful companions.
Thanx Guys, Tahla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home