If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Sunday 11 November 2007

Application for "Resolved" Status of Infected Properties Qld

Just a short note for those of you in Queensland who have had their movement permits rejected.

After many rejected permit applications and numerous phone calls to the DPI&F, I have finally been told why my applications to bring my uninfected horse home - it is because my property has not been "RESOLVED".

How should I go about that? Should I call the vet out get and the horse blood-tested (only way for sure to know whether EI anti-bodies exist)?

No wait for us to contact you before doing anything.

Several days pass and yet another call to the DPI&F. DPI&F advised me that all I have to do is to fill out some forms on the website and send them in. Where are the forms?

Not on the website yet. The forms should be uploaded any day now. One week passes followed by more telephone calls.

Several more days pass and surprise, surprise they have emailed the forms to me! (file attached)

The forms need to be completed by the horse owner and witnessed by a JP and you guessed it - the horse also needs to be examined by a vet who also needs to complete a form. Which brings me to my original question, do I need to get the previously EI infected horse blood tested?

I will be calling the vet on Monday to make my appointment.

After the paperwork is completed and sent in (and hopefully my property is "resolved") I shall be making yet another permit application to bring my horse home.

Good Luck!

Naomi

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds about normal for Qld DPI they could't organise chook raffle in a pub on a friday night . Heaven help us if we ever go foot and mouth or bird flu with this mob in charge incopetency you can change stupidity there is no answer for

12 November 2007 at 6:30 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home