If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Tuesday 6 November 2007

SPOILT SPORTS IN THE HORSE WORLD

I am absolutely disgusted at the amount of people who have divided the Australian horse world.

Anyone trying to help boycott the Melbourne cup betting should be ashamed of themselves.

I have read comments about non racing people hating the racing industry, I have finally realised now how selfish some Australians really are. I am a riding instructor and dressage enthusiast. My dad is a NSW Race horse trainer. I am also a stable hand and strapper for him..........There is a lot of us who are on both sides of the fence with this so I can't understand why people are blaming the racing industry.

I missed the NSW state dressage champs this year, I had been waiting for that opportunity for a long time and another local horse trainer here in Mudgee missed out on taking his Group One winning horse to Melbourne for what i would say one of the biggest opportunities of that trainers life.

No one can be blamed for this unfortunate turn of events except were the EI originated.
Do you all forget that it was not an Australian race horse that began the spread of EI.
Do people realise that the racing industry is one of Australia’s biggest employment industries.
I also believe that the government has done a fantastic job with its vaccination programs, as this is a first for Australia.

Unfortunately trial and error is the only way to go about it this time.

EFA members are now being vaccinated and as more vaccines become available people will be able to vaccinate if they have to, whether your a race horse, ponyclubber or a donkey.

I have heard comments that EFA membership etc is too expensive but so is owning any horse.
I know that I have got my $200 worth by being an EFA member, they have kept us informed, helped organise the vaccination of EFA registered horses and they are being fantastic with helping people out financially that need it.

Not a lot of other horse associations are doing this let me tell you I am a member of them all.

GO RACING NSW, GO THE EFA AND I BET ALL OF YOU TRYING TO BOYCOTT MELBOURNE CUP DAY
CAN'T HELP BUT watch the race THAT STOPS A NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yasmin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm planning to watch, even having friends over. Won't bet though, am not a betting person, happy to pick my favourite and see if it wins. However I'm finding it a bit hard to swallow some of the comments from various people, eg; Ken Callander this morning saying that EI won't get into vic now, as ALL the horses are vaccinated - these people in front of the media could acknowledge the rest of us.

6 November 2007 at 10:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true at last one of the most sensible down to earth blogs ihave read in a long time

6 November 2007 at 5:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yasmin I don't even know the name of the horse who won. We aren't against racing we aren't even against the Melbourne Cup its the money the government derives from the betting that I am against as a very minute portion goes back to the trainers or the breeders or people at the greass roots end.

6 November 2007 at 5:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't 'hate' the racing industry over what is happening during our time with EI, but I am disgusted in the double standards between racing and the recreational/pleasure industries. These "double standards" have tarnished my enjoyment of watching this years spring racing carnival (and any little bet that I would usually have on the big race)
Us recreational horse people are screaming out for the help that the racing industry are getting handed to them on a silver platter.

6 November 2007 at 6:51 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home