If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Thursday 11 October 2007

Confused

My horses have EI (now two weeks into it). I thought that once the last horse of mine contracted the disease I had to wait 30 days then we were in the clear.
So does this mean my property is still officially under quarantine?
Does this mean I have to de-contaminate every time I leave my property?
When i asked a DPI member this is what i was told.
Property under quarantine indefinitely
I must continue to de-contaminate for another 6 months.
The estimated time for lockdown at this point is April 2008 in which case my horses have the potential of contracting EI again once the 6 months is up since they last contracted EI.
If EI is still at large.

I am all for eradication, but the thought of having to decontaminate for another 6 months really pisses me off. Particularly when other people in my street (all horses in my no through road (street) have contracted EI) don't de-contaminate. There are two (2) commercial businesses in my street who have horses and who "Don't" actively de-contaminate.
When and where will it all end.Cindy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home