If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Wednesday 10 October 2007

What is a "Dirty Red Zone" ?

Today I received notification that the permit to move my daughters pony home had been rejected. When I asked what the reason was that I couldn't bring him home which is a trip of around 15km, I was told "because you would be moving from a dirty red zone to a clean red zone". I (nicely) asked the girl from the DPI what is meant by a dirty red zone, as to my knowledge there are no IP's or suspected IP's in the area where our pony is currently paddocked. She replied " I dont know, I just work in the office on the phones". No wonder no-one knows what the hell is going on, the people we are told to deal with at the DPI dont even know what information they are dishing out to horse owners. It's time the DPI stopped pretending they know what they are doing.

I have seen horses being moved all over my district,even past my front door, presumably with permits, you would have to be stupid to risk it without one. Im assuming these were 'important racehorses' as they seem to be free to come and go as desired. Apparently an inspector from the DPI will phone me to explain the meaning of a dirty vs clean red zone. I wont hold my breath waiting .This gives a whole new meaning to the term frustration.

Narelle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home