If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Wednesday 10 October 2007

Concern over suspected EI case in Ballarat

Hi Horse Deals staff,

I have just read the site and noted the above. I called DPI immediately to ask if the staff member could confirm the above. I have been told ‘there are no confirmed reports of EI in Victoria’ and it was explained to me that this is a prepared statement he was reading from.

I then went on to demand that DPI prepare an immediate press release confirming or denying as the case may be, this report. As if this would make any impression or cause some concern! I don’t think so. I just got the party line. The staff member added that they have had several calls in the last couple of days from people wanting to know the same thing. I have some concern related to this apparent increase in queries from horse owners to DPI. If I had an active imagination, I would assume that there is some basis for these reports only of course I cannot prove that.

There is most likely some justification in keeping any sick horse in Victoria quiet right now …………….. but if EI here and the public are not aware of it, given that this DPI staff member told me that DPI has NOT placed restrictions on horse movement in Victoria, this is tantamount to negligence.

I would like an answer to the question that your respondent raised and quickly please. Perhaps you could contact the person who posted the blog and ask where her information came from, and how reliable it is?

Regards,
Karen Harrison

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home