If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Monday 1 October 2007

Where to now?

My experience of the recreational, pleasure and performance horse community has always been one of friendship, willingness to share information and to help one another out at every turn. A group of people united by love for the beautiful, graceful and responsive animal that is the horse.

I live in the western suburbs of Brisbane where my three horses (one an ex-racehorse) have been locked down since the 25th August. During the last month I have diligently observed biosecurity measures, have not visited any other horse properties, have not seen my friends and have given the same information to the DPI five times.
You cannot hold the wind and my horses are showing symptoms of EI.

My heart goes out to all horse owners, but I've closed off the part allocated to the gentleman who deliberatley infected his own stables and then left the strappers to care for his sick horses while he went off to the only other EI clean country left in the world!

Meanwhile my poor neighbour across the road has had to juggle two very sick horses in Warwick (she did the right thing by the rest of us and stayed at Morgan Park) and two at home. Now that the horses might be able to come home from Warwick, the properties around her here have EI and her other two horses are at risk...

Stay safe, stay strong, take care of each other.

Beth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home