If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Tuesday 9 October 2007

EI Queensland and Horse Deals vaccination poll

I would firstly like to thank the young kids who have added a truly human face to this forum with the stories of their darling ponies. They are the future of this country and they must be very confused and disheartened by the adults who are supposed to be looking after this country. Well done kids you keep looking after those precious ponies!

I think you (Horse Deals) should have been a bit more expansive with their poll question. I am for vaccination as part of a controlled eradication plan. I am not for vaccination as a complete answer to this outbreak. I think some less informed people may be thinking, just vaccinate everything and that will be the end of that. You need to put a "qualifier" on your poll question for it to truly reflect the public opinion.

I attended the meeting at Ipswich and can add no more to the comments already written. I would like one big question answered, "Who (horse organisation, agency, politician) is going to really get heard by the current people in charge of this mess. I will then add my voice loud and clear.

Finally I think someone needs to point out to the racing industry that unless the recreational sector and working horses of the population are free of EI then they will not be getting back to racing any time soon. Their (the racing industry) business is reliant on all horses being free or immune to the disease before anyone can go forward.

Maintain the rage guys, I know we are all getting tired but that is what they are hoping for, we are stronger than that.

Kerrie Haynes-Lovell
Tamborine Queensland

1 Comments:

Blogger Horse Deals Reader said...

Agree totally with Kerrie-Haynes Lovell

Agree totally that the poll question is too vague and that it does not give a true indication of widespread opinion. I agree with Kerrie in that vaccination as part of an eradication program is great, but not with widespread or compulsory vaccination nationwide as an solution to living with EI.

Jodi (Green Zone)

9 October 2007 at 4:46 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home