If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Monday 22 October 2007

Isn't it ironic

I am writing this blog to vent my absolute frustration with this current EI debacle.

I have 2 lovely thoroughbreds that I had buyers for just as EI hit. I have kept both horses in lockdown feeding and caring for them with both people saying they will buy the horses once they are able to move them. Both buyers are in a red zone while I am in a buffer zone. The DPI says I'll give you $500-00 to move these horses into an infected zone as long as you do it before 31st October. I think great, I can sell these horses and move them on to their new owners before I have to leave where I am living, in a rented property where the lease runs out in November. While I am at work the DPI turn up at the property and vaccinate both horses WITHOUT MY CONSENT and now tell me I cannot move them, even though we have not reached the 31st October deadline that the DPI set.

Who is going to re-imburse me for the sales that may fall through for these horses? Who is going to look after these horses when I have to move? More to the point who has the right to conduct invasive procedures on my animals WITHOUT MY CONSENT.

The frustrating thing is that my case is not an isolated case or even the worse example of the side effects of what is going on in relation to EI. Suddenly it has become OK for people to come onto your property and interfere with your animals without permission. Suddenly it is OK for struggling horse owners to be slugged with economic losses because the govt stuffed up quarantine (and people like me don't qualify for financial assistance). Suddenly it is OK for horses to be forced to stay somewhere where they cannot be properly cared for.

Ironic really that people are screaming out for vaccinations for their horses and can't get one and the DPI is giving them out willy nilly to people like me who didn't want to go in that direction as I had other arrangements for these particular horses.

This is so typical of beaureaucrats, they won't admit mistakes and they are so rigid and inflexible in their processes that they cannot make the necessary changes and decisions required with such complex issues such as EI.

Good luck everybody because we really need it.

Scott

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is absolutely inexcusable that they would enter your property and vaccinate. I hope all works out well for you.

22 October 2007 at 6:02 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home