If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Sunday 14 October 2007

WHERE DOES THAT LEAVE US

EI Vaccination!!!!!!

We are small warmblood Breeders, and live in Jimboomba QLD Red Zone,I have a Mare due in 7 weeks,and I worry constantly, that when the EI gets to us how will she cope. I have been reading the Blog every day, and my heart goes out to all the people who suffer ,or lost a horse due to EI. I have never heard so many sad stories in my live. Yesterday I have been told across the road from us the Thoroughbred horses got vaccinated. Where does that leave us. I would gladly pay for my horses to get the Vaccine. It does not go in my head that people can justify who is getting vaccine and who not. ARE WE SCUM. It makes me very angry and sad. I know nothing will change, me writing this letter, but i have to get it of my chest.

Regina Jimboomba QLD

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Regina

I have the same problem and same worries as you. I have a riding pony stud and have 2 mares due in 10 weeks. Im just hoping my mares will be ok. Its 3:45am and I cant sleep, constantly stressed and im very angry that this has happened. Its bad enuff that EI is here but to be told that our stock cant be vaccinated, that just makes me sick.

15 October 2007 at 3:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree I would pay any amount of money to vaccinate my babies, but the powers that be think they know better. I live out in the green area, but have a horse in the red zone, but outside the buffer. He was mistreated by his previous owner and has kidney damage from being over heated a number of times. He has a special diet and things added to his water, can't be worked for to long and is monitored on his water intake. The vet said if he gets EI he wouldn't make it as he wouldn't be able to stand having temps that high. I have sent permit after permit and they keep saying no. There are no cases within 200km of where he is and I send a vet check each time, but still get told no.

15 October 2007 at 2:45 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home