If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Sunday 30 September 2007

Are you part of the racing industry ?

I like a lot of others usually have a bet or two on the Melbourne Cup and attend a few race meetings each year where I spend my hard earned dollars. I guess that means I play a part
in the racing industry.

We also have horses (not race horses) and am not too impressed with
how the racing industry appears to be getting special treatment at the expense of all other horse disciplines. As of today I won't be having another bet on the horses or attending any race meetings. I want to make sure I'm not contributing to an industry that seems to have no thought for anyone but itself and obviously has the lobby power to get favorable treatment from all levels of government and the press.

I'd rather donate that money to a good cause, perhaps we could start up a fund for those
not in the racing industry who are affected by this outbreak.
Max

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home