If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Thursday 11 October 2007

Don't get me started!

Hi everyone,

I’m lucky at the moment and am in the green zone in southern n.s.w but for how long. There is security guard at the border from us and last time I was down that way the sign was incorrectly posted, it implied that you could get in to VIC with a permit, but there are other ways to get across, i.e. the river you just have to swim across. If you've got friends that you can ride to their place from where you cross, there's heaps of things you could do. Who’s to know where horses, have been stabled you just need to get across the border.

I’ve been reading through the posts and really feel sorry for those who've lost horses/foals from the Ei. regardless of industry section.

I’m really annoyed cause it has stopped me from selling my horse, she was in horsedeals sep issue. We've not got much feed and are hand feeding them, it's not a drought sale but I was using the money to pay for my son's pre school fees, as he has a speech problem and has to be at pre school as much as I can. Drought money is hard to get, especially through centrelink. So horse people can expect it to be hard or are they just getting money being handed to them??

And we've not even got to use our new float yet, my partner said "it'll be March next year before we get to use it" as a joke.

It seems like the only industry that matters, is the tb racing, haven't heard much about the harness.

we are the ones who provide homes, for the race horses after they finish racing. Some of our top competition horses are tb off the track.Lets jump up and down even harder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Louise

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree Louise, we're in qld also trying to sell a horse insept issue which came out this months ad. Cant believe it was still posted we are in red zone, and have become infected. As for the harness industry - they too are well looked after, friends are supplied brand new boots two pairs each for family of four plus $20 per horse for feed plus all horses vaccinated and chipped already and they are smack bang in red zone....
Cheers
Lee

11 October 2007 at 10:53 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home