If you have a story to share or comment to make, simply email blogEI@horsedeals.com.au (To ensure your submission is posted please include your full name.)

Thursday 11 October 2007

Pure Speculation!

Before I start I would like to point out that this is just my theory as I see it and that there is at this moment in time no evidence to support it. BUT has anybody else noticed that since the vaccination process began last Saturday (with a live vaccine) that cases of EI are showing up in what were clean areas. First Rosehill, then Newcastle along with Toowoomba and I will bet my very last dollar that before the week is out that Bundamba (Ipswich) has it as well.

Funny how they are now talking of importing the dead vaccine all of a sudden. I just thought this observation was interesting but nevertheless only an observation. How terrible will it be if this stupid DPI&F have gone and infected all the clean racing precincts with the wrong choice of vaccine? Wonder what that law suit will look like and I wonder who’s going to pay for it TAXPAYERS that’s who. I am serious about how terrible it will be, I don’t own race horses but I do benefit from the income the state and federal govt receive from this industry, money that goes into schools, health and roads etc, these systems aren’t great now but what will happen when the govt looses millions of dollars because racing is out of action. I know that the racing industry has been treated differently and I don’t like that but I do understand the govt desire to keep it afloat.

Hope all your horses are well
Leslee

2 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

You are not wrong in noticing funny things happening, the matter is they (DPI and Ausvet) imported the wrong vaccinations in the first place. In talking to a vet freind of mine in the USA we are the laughing stock of the horse world at the moment
Phil

11 October 2007 at 8:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done...do you have a crytal ball, Ipswich infected over night I beleive....Who is next I wonder...

11 October 2007 at 12:33 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home